The Lexington Walk to End Alzheimer's
The Lexington Walk to End Alzheimer's is Saturday, September 12th so wear purple, get out & walk around town!
To join our team, click here!
- Virtual Walk: Even though we will not be together in a big crowd, the Association is still encouraging everyone to get out in their community and walk! So wear your purple and go raise awareness!
- Since it is virtual, you do not have to be in Lexington to sign up for our team or walk. The goal is just to get out wherever you are and help raise awareness.
- Promise Garden: There will not be a promise garden in Lexington. Instead, everyone that registers will receive a Walk to End Alz flag to put in your yard (I do not know the timeline of when these will arrive). If you would like a promise garden flower to carry during the walk or put in your yard for your own promise garden, please let me know and I can get you one.
- Opening Ceremonies: Every registrant will receive an email from the Walk with a link to the Mainstage which will house the video stream of the opening ceremonies, sponsor logos/links, and photos using the hashtags #Walk2EndALZ and #ENDALZ. You can also access the Mainstage through the Walk to End Alzheimer's App.
- Fundraising: Please spread the word on social media and with family and friends to help raise money this year to #ENDALZ! If possible, have all donations be submitted online through the website. This year the Association will not have a day to drop off cash or checks so please push for online fundraising. If you need to deposit checks, the App can be used and if necessary, you can mail in the checks. If you need help let me know.
Be sure to post pictures on social media walking using both #Walk2EndALZ and #ENDALZ- and send me the pictures to me to be highlighted in our newsletter and on our social media pages. If anyone is interested, I will be walking at 9:45AM on September 12th in the Arboretum. Anyone can come socially distance walk with me (in a mask), just be sure to wear purple or your Sanders-Brown shirt: email me if you want to join- email@example.com. This is not a Sanders-Brown walk event (!!) I am just offering if you want to join me.