A New Home for Memory Care
Sanders-Brown is the envy of Alzheimer’s research centers around the country for our leadership in the fight against dementia. We are much more than a research center, however. It our mission to help patients and their families here and now, not just those who may suffer from dementia later. Our outreach programs connect patients and their families with the resources they need to manage the day-to-day ups and downs that is life with Alzheimer’s disease.
A new clinic is mission-critical to advancing research and patient care at Sanders-Brown. Our new space will provide a seamless, less stressful experience for a fragile population. It will be a one-stop shop for memory care and support. It will be three times larger, with more space for consultation, testing, and learning. The Clinic will include:
- Multiple disciplines in support of healthy aging: medication management, lifestyle adaptations, addressing sleep disturbances, reducing fall risk, improving financial management
- Co-located services, including cognitive testing, gait analysis, retinal analysis, EEG/EMG testing, dedicated space for social work consultations, patient education/resource rooms
- Separate general and extended waiting areas
- New telemedicine space to serve patients and families who have difficulty traveling
- Proximity to other UKHC clinics
- Better parking and wayfinding
Philanthropy helped build the first facilities for Sanders-Brown more than 40 years ago, and philanthropy is essential today to support our mission to find a cure for this disease. Join us as we serve our aging community through research, education, and patient care.
For more information, contact
UK HealthCare Office of Philanthropy